Here is the latest headline: "The Hockey News has chosen the Washington Capitals as their favorite to win the 2011-12 Stanley Cup".
Obviously we won't stop believing until Stanley Cup will be ours. But here are some thoughts on what should happen for this to happen:
- MarJo must center Ovechkin (that is actually not a joke)
- Coach Boudreau must get a second volume of "The trap series". The first volume is "How to play it", the second volume is "How to beat it" (Still Tampa Bay must lose in the first round)
- Sergei Fedorov's resurrected and will play a puck moving defenseman...
- Ovechkin will score Ovechtrick during playoffs run for the first and last time in his career (Just like Gordie Howe his Gordie Howe hat-trick)
- The weather forecast for May and June of 2012:
"Lotsa snow in DC on Ovechkin Circle..." (At least more chances than snow in hell, isn't it?)
Hey, don't get mad, I'm just kidding... Let's hope the stars will align and Captain Ovechkin will lead us not into temptation, but deliver the Stanley Cup to DC in June!